Wednesday, April 6, 2011

glazed salmon & veggies

So I wasn't going to post this, but I just ate the leftovers and they are really good and I have changed my mind.
I also wasn't going to post this because this picture just doesn't do it justice...
I swear, this tastes really good! And I like to consider it healthy :) salmon... green veggies... purple veggies....brown rice....sweet glaze= healthy-ish (darn you glaze)
Let's make this!
You need: fresh salmon (the frozen stuff is gross, I think), whole grain brown rice (90 second steam in the bag kind works), steam in the bag broccoli, 1 red onion, some light brown sugar, low sodium soy sauce, minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes
Cook: Set your oven to broil and make sure the grill rack isn't too close to the top. Cut the onion into chunks and put on a cooking pan with the salmon. Salt, pepper, garlic and evoo everything and throw it into the oven for about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together about 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, a couple of dashes of soy sauce and a pinch of the red pepper flakes. It should be the consistency of....damp sand...kind of in small chunks, add in more soy sauce if its too sandy.
When the 8 minutes is up- top the salmon and onion with the mixture and throw into the oven for about 2 more minutes. The mixture will melt and carmalize all over everything and make it super tasty! Don't leave the kitchen though- it melts fast and has the potential to burn quickly!
Place the glazed salmon and red onions over a bed of rice and brocolli and ENJOY!
Save some for tomorrow's lunch too...it's good. :)

1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy! Kind of like the salmon we used to make - but you upgraded it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch