Sunday, November 20, 2011

popping parent love

No birthday is complete without a heaping dose of love from my wonderful family. This year I dared to introduce my brother and Dad to some "culture" food and dragged them to the Iberian Pig in Decatur. 
After some serious griping and googling of unpronounceable ingredients... we all took dares and ordered our dishes. 
And no one was dissatisfied. Yum!
Of course the Birthday plate made an appearance!

 Due to the extreme darkness of this restaurant {some guests even used the iPhone flashlight to order...ha} I failed to get any good pics. But the food was outstanding and overflowing with flavors!

Thank you Mom & Dad for adding to my kitchen with a gorgeous cast iron dutch oven!

Tonight Josh & I filled it with oil and successfully completed our first fried dish!


Pepper Poppers! Josh's dad gave us some peppers to experiment with and I think I did them proud! They are stuffed with a savory cheese blend and perfectly golden brown thanks  to Josh!

Success! Thank you Mom and Dad! 
:) amc 

1 comment:

  1. I beg to disagree with the "no one was dissatisfied" line. While the food was good, I don't think a mouse would have been full after eating a "meal" from there. Just had to say that, lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch