Monday, January 2, 2012

prepping for healthy

Sticking to a New Years resolution- or in my case: a new healthy lifestyle- calls for plenty of new habit prep time. So during my winter break, I have been practicing healthy protein-packed recipes!

As you know, cooking is one of my favorite things to do, ever! And while I have stockpiled the pantry and fridge with some pre-made healthy foods {hummus, cut up raw veggies and fruits, greek yogurt, etc}, this girl still has just GOT to cook!!!

Lately, each morning {err 10 a.m.} has started with hot & fresh
-Protein Pancakes-

The healthy batter 

Yummy chunks of fresh bananas, oats and blueberries

Sizzle!

 The result! These are so good, and so very filling!
{Check out the recipe at ToneItUp.com}

My first fruit AND vegetable smoothie!
-Bounce Back Smoothie-

Load up the blender with kale, cucumber, bananas and strawberries

Top it off with some organic apple juice and a TIU secret ingredient ;)

Blend and enjoy! It actually tasted way good and I am excited to have another tomorrow!
{full recipe on ToneItUp.com}

Tonight's healthy dinner!
-Teriyaki Glazed Salmon with Roasted Asparagus-

I got to really cook!
I made a sweet & savory {& slightly spicy} healthy glaze for my salmon.
Ingredients: diced onion, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, light soy sauce, organic honey and a splash of organic orange juice

Reduce the ingredients down into a glaze and top the raw salmon

 Bake the salmon and asparagus in a  350 degree oven. Asparagus for 30 minutes & salmon for 15 minutes.

Oh yes! Enjoy this super tasty and healthy meal!

Wish me luck on keeping up this healthy habit during the work week!

:) amc






1 comment:

  1. I may have to try that recipe next! I made the Thai coconut tofu recipe last night with sauteed spinach as my side, it was FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch