Wednesday, April 18, 2012

#EatClean Protein PACKED Peppers

Protein PACKED Peppers

We've all had stuffed peppers, but this "recipe that I made up and liked" is so much better {and#cleaner!}! 

Slice your peppers in half, clean them out and roast them in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
I used beautiful orange and yellow ones! 


While the peppers are roasting- you have many tasks to accomplish!
1. Cook 1 cup of quinoa
2. Saute a package of spinach with fresh garlic
3. Brown ground beef {or turkey, yuck} seasoned with garlic and onion

Once all three of these tasks are complete {and you have made a complete mess of your kitchen and already used 3 pans and two bowls, aughhhhh} combine all of the ingredients into a pan that has a lid + one can of organic white beans. 

Season with a taco seasoning packet and a little bit of water. I didn't have any of those packets on hand, so I had to improvise with.... little bit of onion powder, garlic powder, basil, cumin, chili powder and paprika. {p.s. by "a little" I actually mean a wholeeeeeee lot!}

Put the top on the pan and let the flavors play together for 10+ minutes on low-medium heat

Pull out the peppers and stuff them with your protein mixture
Lean meat, spinach, beans AND quinoa! PROTEIN!!!!!

Pop them back into the oven for 20-30 minutes. 
For the last 3 minutes, top with a baby bit of cheese.

Oh so crazy delicious! 
The pepper was so tender and sweet and the protein packed stuffing was rich and flavorful.

If you like some extra heat, you can do as my future-husband {that was fun to say!} does to everything and douse it with sriracha


Side note- our gym got two new treadmills. How pretty are they?! 
I think this picture marks my official entry into crazy world.

:) amc




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch