Friday, June 1, 2012

the other green drink



I'm a beer and wine girl. Why? You can easily hold a bottle of beer while killing it on the dance floor and you can sip on wine each and every night and not feel like you have a mental problem. :) 


But last weekend, I spied SkinnyGirl Vodka on the counter at Brogens. Being a sucker for lame reality TV, I had to try it {Bethenny Frankel...}. 

My cocktail of choice? SkinnyGirl Cucumber Vodka + Soda Water + Lime Wedges
The new green drink! No? Not the same? Yeah.... :( 

And so the new obsession has begun...cocktails are getting thrown into my summertime mix!
How tasty does this one sound?
6  medium cucumbers
1/2   cup sugar
1/2  cup water
1-inch   piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
6  tablespoons fresh lime juice (or juice of 2 limes)
8  ounces white rum 
{click for recipe- seems a bit involved, but surely worth the effort}



Mojito lovers- we need to have a chat. I just recently met the mojito and I'm in love {yeah why am I so late to the cocktail party?! sad}. This seems like a perfectly acceptable drink to enjoy 24/7. Yup, I said that. 



Thing is, I hear they are a pain to make. SO I need the perfect recipe for an easy and ridiculously refreshing mojito. Please. :) 


&&&& I want to hear where is the best place in Atlanta to treat myself to a tasty mojito? 


cheers!
:) amc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch