Tuesday, November 20, 2012

home happenings

So it's a rental apartment...but its our home and we are happy. 
{and the fireplace turns on like a light switch. amaaaaze!}


Updates, projects and crafts have been of abundance post-wedding! I am so very lucky to have a husband that is tolerant of my constant need to always be adding and updating and re-positioning {on a budget of course! ;) }. Better yet- the handsome fellow is quite amazing with a staple gun and isn't afraid of getting into projects now and then. Thank you J!

Game on. 

I mentioned earlier that Josh made me these lovely shelves- love them! They finish off the 'dining area' and give me more space to seasonally decorate and display wedding gifts! Score! 
Josh followed these directions for making the shelves. 
#ProudWife

Mom always has new project ideas up her sleeve + amazing taste and thrifty skills! So we all got together and headed to Scott's for some Sunday scouting. 
Of course 80% of what we saw we would say 'oh we can so make that' so we didn't do a ton of purchasing but those crafty minds are now SUPER jam packed with ideas! 

I did score exactly what I was looking for- 2 vintage wooden wine crates. We picked through the stacks to find ones with worn colorful paint, metal detail and engraved branding- the more character the better. Our lovely crates are perfectly nestled underneath our new entry way table and have become the home to shopping bags and house shoes among other items. 

That new entry way table was actually birthed {what} as this black hutch. Then cast off who knows how many times until it ended up at the good ole Buckhead Goodwill for a whopping $14. Hutch smutch- this sucker is the perfect size for my hallway and has some built-in storage. Purchased! 

Passes the size test! Plus these cute baskets fit and our lonely {awesome!} lamp has found its home. 

Of course it got the white wash treatment. Sadly I was racing against daylight so its far from the best paint job, but it does the trick until I really get motivated to move it back outside and finish painting. Unlikely...

How cute is our little entry way table all decked out drink-station-style for Friendsgiving?! 
This iPhone picture isn't doing my little creation any favors...I promise its a cutie! 

Alright next project...!

Just one more week to enjoy our fall tablescape. Pumpkin yumminess. 

A new shelf above the bed plus brand new silky soft sheets in a warm golden color. 

It took me about 3 months to actually sew these pillowcases {I had been previously using that stupid pinterest 'no-sew' method. sloppy central.}. We also added another panel of burlap 'curtains' to each window for a fuller look. Love it. 

What was once a manly leather ottoman is now a more marriage-friendly linen covered ottoman. Perfect for storage and little stylish vignettes. It currently looks much more chic than in this picture...but I don't have picture proof. Nail head trim is en route to the Hall household that will give this ottoman some french finesse. Splendid! 
{p.s. those hooks are made from old wedding 'reserved' signs and drawer knobs}

So if you are ever feeling crafty, come on over and we will let you take a stab at the staple gun {which doubles as a nail gun. beware.}

Thank you Josh for all of your help!

On to the next project....!
:) amch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch