Thursday, October 18, 2012

look who is back...

Mrs. Amanda Macy Hall! 

The wedding was amazing- everything I could have ever wanted and so much more! The honeymoon was a blast- such a fun and relaxing week with my husband! 

More on all of the wedding festivities later- right now I am soaking in being married and not being a bride and talking about wedding stuff 24/7. I loved being a bride and being engaged, but it started to take over every single conversation that anyone ever had with me- it seemed to be all anyone cared about! 
Again- it was beautiful, it was perfect, I am so blessed and so happy. 
But for right now- its married life time! {I promise I will post about the wedding, DIY wedding things, parties, showers, dinners, reception, honeymoon and so much more- just not right this second}. 

We landed back in the states on Tuesday and by Wednesday I was already overcome with the urge to cook! I had every intention of cooking something comforting, filling, scrumptious and naughty {read: not clean eating}, but we were too tired to trek it over to the grocery store. So I improvised and made a semi-clean comforting-ish dish. 

 an improvised take on Giada's Chicken Saltimbocca

It was supposed to look like this. But ya know what, we will all survive with how it did look.

Layer together: 
Flattened out chicken breasts {that was fun!}
Turkey Bacon {Giada would prefer Proscuitto}
Spinach {yup, it was frozen, deal with it}
Horseradish Cheese {not called for, but I thought it'd be good and I needed to use that cheese}

Roll it up and cook on a medium-high skillet for 2-4 minutes

Try to flip it over to cook the other side. Watch all of your hard work fall apart into a mush. Get frustrated.  Get over it. Cook for 4 minutes each side. 

Add in 2+ cups of chicken stock + some lemon juice and let it bubble bubble toil in trouble until the chicken is cooked through. 
{p.s. bouillon cubes are life savers}

Plate your yummy chicken onto a brand new wedding gift serving platter. Yeeehaw!

Let the left over stock boil down with some added herbs and lemon juice. Top your beautiful {err} meal with the sauce {"sauce"}.

Serve to your brand-new husband on your brand-new Pottery Barn 'everyday china' and enjoy. 

Married Life. That's all it is! Right?! ;)

Feels great to be back!
:) amh 

{note those new initials friends} 

1 comment:

  1. we have the same pretty pottery barn dishes!! LOOOVE them. cant wait to be able to use them again:) miss you mrs. hall

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch