Thursday, February 23, 2012

giving up & adding in


“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Everyone seems to be discussing what they are "giving up" for Lent. Last night on Facebook, I saw a post that encouraged me to develop a new positive habit instead of giving something up. 

I like both :)


Much like I am semi-documenting my #EatClean and workout journey; I figured if I typed this out I would feel more...held to it. 


Giving Up: My nightly glass of red wine. I love to enjoy a full glass of red wine each {almost each} evening while I cook. But it is really useless calories that I take in and...my workouts have been a great stress reliever to end the day. So...goodbye glass of red wine. I will appreciate you more on the weekends anyways. 


New Positive Habit: Reading a book in the evening. Yup. A book. Do we even know what those are anymore? I love to read- mostly girly senseless novels, but last week I picked up a Michael Pollan book--"In Defense of Food." 
I started reading it last night in the living room and then the strangest thing happened: I enjoying reading this actual book with actual pages so much that I turned off Khloe & Lamar the intelligent TV show I was watching and focused just on reading. The silence was golden and I loved the feeling of getting so into a book. So- it's my new positive habit. I will be doing more reading of actual books. In the evening. In silence. 




While we are kind of on the subject...




If you are interested in learning more about the Western diet throughout the decades and how it can affects your health & waistline- this is a great book. It provides an eye-opening perspective on the food and nutrition industry and you will quickly be able to relate it to your own food and shopping experiences. 
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants."

:) amc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch