Friday, October 28, 2011

spray paint & bows

I finally used a wreath to decorate! I swear I have almost 10 different wreaths that I want to copy pinned in my pinterest boards and about half of those have made appearances on my blog as craft goals. Finally. Finally. Finally. I gave it a try! 


All of the pinterest inspiration was almost too overwhelming. So instead of copying one of the pinned projects, I pulled my favorite 3 or 5 wreath ideas together and developed my own. 


{drumroll}


My wreath decor! Sitting pretty over the fireplace mantle. 

 I really like it! 

The Materials & How-To:
plastic poster frame $10
grape vine wreath $3.50
glossy gray spray paint $3
natural looking wire ribbon $1.50
wodden "c" $1
XL men's button down $9 {no time for a cloth store}
metal hook $3

First I spray painted the frame & wooden letter with two coats of the glossy gray spray paint. Then I cut my "fabric" to fit the frame and glued the edges in. Put it all together. Hung up the frame and hook. Tied a bow on it and called it a day.
I really wanted to paint the wreath white, but it turns out that I own cream spray paint...not white. Eventually, I will make the change I think. 

I really like how it turned out! Our rug is gray, so the frame really pulls the room together. 


 The kitchen counter got the runner it was looking for too. And a happy jack-o-lantern!

Successful crafting/decorating night! 

Happy Friday!!!!!!
:) amc 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch