Thursday, February 21, 2013

Black and White & Striped All Over

In anticipation of our move, I did more pinning than normal {is that possible} and dug into all of my design books {a.k.a. life before pinterest} for inspirational images. It later occured to me that many of my 'pinned' images featured strong black and white stripe themes, now my selective perception has set in and it's literally all I see! 

The abundance of glass tops and mirrors in this room help it to feel clean and light albeit the obsessive use of bold stripes. 
{Jordan Guide Design} 

It was this image that inspired the color of our walls in our main living room. 
{Style at Home}



This two tone room gets a modern lift with the black and white throw. 
{Life in Grace blog}

I really love the styling of this chair, and you will see why soon and very soon! 
{HGTV blog}

The day bed becomes a focal point with striped fabric and it plays nicely with the patterned rug. 

One day I would just love to do this! 
{source unknown}

Green is my color and doesn't it just look wonderful against the strong black and white.
{source unknown}

The walls! The chair! The rug! The pedestal table! And did you see the outdoor awning? 

This takes outdoor living to a whole new level. An incredibly striking space. 
{Martyn Lawrence Bullard}

Some of this inspiration has become reality and I can't wait to share photos! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch