Monday, June 6, 2011

date-iversary number one

Last week was Josh and I's one year anniversary! I like to call it a date-iversary though. It is so weird to think that it has already been a whole year, the BEST year! :) I will spare you my mushy-gushy-iness, but I have to tell you about our date!
We went to a dueling piano bar in Marietta called Red Sky and it was soooo much fun! I wish it were a little bit closer to home but I still can't wait to drag my friends and family there. We had a great night singing along to favorite songs, eating great tapas, sipping drinks and enjoying each others company.
 @ Red Sky... probably right after belting some Benny & the Jetsssssss!
As part of my gift to Josh, I made him a mixed-media painting. It was really special to me to do this for him because I hadn't painted in a really long time and I really put a lot of thought and love into it. I even cried a little while I was making it for him! Just thinking about how special he is to me and how HAPPY I am! :)
I used a photo from one of our first dates at a Braves game on Memorial Day last year. We had so much fun together that day and still talk about it to this day. I blew up the pic, cut us out and mod-podged us to a canvas. I painted in the background and then made a border out of pics of vintage Braves tickets. I think he was really surprised to get a painting from me and didn't quite know what to think, but he immediately hung it on his wall and that made me feel really good. :)


Honestly, each day I look at him and tell God THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! for showing us such joy, happiness, love and hope {and dreams, haha}. 

blessed! :) amc

sorry for the mushiness... and p.s. thank you Josh for the new laptop that I am writing on! yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch