Friday, October 21, 2011

passion & perfection

Hi, My name is Amanda and I am having a mid-twenties crisis. A Hopes & Dreams crisis at that. I am really hoping to hear that you all go through similar things...so give me some "misery loves company" please. :) 
Backing it up...I am not miserable. Nope, far from it. I think God would downright slap me in the face if I started to boo hoo about my life not "being all I want." Yes, he would absolutely slap me. So would my father. And Lord knows what my mom would do- that is scary! 


But... {there is always a "but"} I am a girl filled with passion and... a mouth to speak for it. It's good and bad because when I get excited {which is super often} I get fired up and I produce results. From recovering a cookie sheet to become a chic tray, to making the best dang dinner Wednesday night has ever seen to "work stuff," I get involved!!! When I am passionate, it's clear and it usually spreads. Josh always tells me I should give sales a shot {ehh}... 


Bad thing is...when I get passionate, I can also get very frustrated with myself. I want everything to be right and I want to produce perfect results. It kills me to let anyone down or to have anyone disappointed in me or my work, it is detrimental to my morale {I blame my parents disciplinary tactics, jk}. I also want everyone in on my goals and to give it their all too. Well wake up AMC, the real world is slapping me in the face. I can't always get my way, not every idea that I have will develop, not everyone will share in all of my ideas and goals, and I will mess up, I won't be perfect and I will {not on purpose!!!} disappoint people. 


The Real World is having a blast teaching me lessons this month. For all of you MTV The Real World fans: it isn't all hot tubs and shots. It's learning who you are and how you can share that with the world. 


For me...I still have more noodling to do. But hey, I am about one month from turning 25, and I don't think anyone expects me to have it ALL figured it out yet. Right? So I should relax. I will still strive for that "produce perfect results" mentality, but it's okay to keep hoping & dreaming while I figure this whole Real Life thing out. 


I can't leave you hanging without some happy, pretty pictures of things that I have been loving lately.This time it is all "Home" themed. Cause Home is where the Heart is, and I know where my heart is. 
Also these homes are nice looking :)


You know I love bright colors and a fantastic print. Well, this is just swell! Minus the sad and lonely white walls.

 Love this monogram! When my Hopes & Dreams happen :) I totally need some of this 

 Great! Great! Great! 

 I have this thing for entryways. This one is fantastic. That gray wall color is gorgeous and if you have ever worked with me before, you know I love a border!

 I like this bathroom because it is so "doable." Reminds me of the bathroom that Josh & re-did, but a girlier version. 

 A trellis printed bookshelf with pops of orange and white accents? You know I die! 

I love white. I love stripes. 

thank you blog for letting me release all of this. i love you
:) amc 

{and congrats to blogager/boyfriend Josh on a GREAT day/month/quarter at work! xoxo!}

1 comment:

  1. God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

    Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next.
    Amen.

    --Reinhold Niebuhr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch