Tuesday, February 14, 2012

going green

Earlier today I came across this thing called the Blended Salad. I had a good bit of veggies about to go bad that I had to use- so I thought this could be just the ticket! 


Here it goes:


Blended Salad/Green Soup


The cast of characters: baby spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, onion, lemon, zucchini and flax seed
{basically any and everything that I had on hand and was considered a vegetable...+ 2 roma tomatoes}

Every good meal begins by sauteing onions and garlic {no oil}

Chop up veggies- I used mushrooms, tomatoes and zucchini

Add them to the pot along with seasoning of your choice- I went with a mixture of some Mrs Dash and Garlic Powder {I mean really, can you have too much garlic?}

Top it off with some heaping handfuls of spinach

Then dip the immersion blender into the mix and puree away

so honestly, I thought it would be a bit...smoother... but it just didn't work out like that. 

Tasty though! 

and ready for this week's lunches! 


go green 
:) amc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch