Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Eat Clean Recipe: Southwestern Lasagna

It's time for another round of "Recipes That I Made Up That I Liked"

Chicken Enchilada Lasagna! 

I must warn you- if you are one of those people that depend on recipes to cook {gag}. This post is not for you. This is simply my best recollection of what went into this amazing dish that I made over a week ago. Forgive me

Bake 1 pound of lean chicken breasts. I seasoned mine with fresh lime juice, evoo, garlic powder {a must}, Mrs Dash Onion & Herb seasoning and a lot of Mrs Dash Chipotle seasoning. 
Bake those suckers for about 30 minutes on 350 degree then shred them up. 

Now layer some flavors in a baking dish. This includes- 1 can of organic black beans, sauteed fresh squash, steamed corn, whole wheat tortillas, steamed whole grain brown rice,  and special red sauce. 

Now we rely on my memory...
1 can of organic tomato sauce, shakes of worchestire, garlic powder, sriracha, cumin, tumeric, honey {or agave} and chili seasoning


Top with a tiny bit of cheese and bake for 40 minutes till piping hot

 This was such a savory and filling meal. Not a lot was needed to fill you up and satisfy. The tortillas gave it some crunch and the red sauce was smooth and tasty. This was a great dish that combined some southwestern and indian flavors to create a sweet, tangy and spicy flavor. 


Will be repeated in the JAMM household! 


:) amc








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch