Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vegan-Clean-Eating BROWNIES with Spinach!

"oooh brownies!"
"wait, amanda made them???..."
"augh, are they like healthy?"


Yes, they are healthy...ish. 


Vegan-Clean-Eating BROWNIES with Spinach!


{pretend this photo was taken by me}


Any recipe that calls for a blender makes me smile. 
Blend up: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 2 cups raw spinach 

Try not to guzzle this. I know you want to. ;)

Mix the Nickelodeon gak with your dry ingredients
1/2 cup organic whole-wheat pastry flour, 1/2 cup almond flour, 1 cup organic raw sugar, 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt

Everyone loves chocolate mush. 

Now go ahead and add those dark chocolate semi-sweet chips. I won't even tell you how much 1/4 cup, you be the judge here. Live it up. 

Spread the batter evenly in a pan, bake for 15-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Let them cool and dig in! 

So as the story goes, these babies were amazing! Honestly...there was a hint of that "this tastes healthy" thing going on. But really, I will make these tons of times again. 

bake it up! 
:) amc

p.s. I took them to work and there were no leftovers after one day. Clearly someone liked them.....
p.p.s. For the full recipe and a tutorial video check out FitSugar.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch