Thursday, May 10, 2012

the land of oz

Have you been watching The Chew on ABC? Oh you work? Yeah, me too. So I've never seen it. Very upsetting.
Even without seeing an episode, I am so excited about this show! The hosts are some of my favorite foodies including daughter of the famous Dr. Oz....the lovely....

She is one of our celebrity chef headliners at our upcoming July Market; but more than that- she is super cute and a promoter of clean, healthy eating! 


Daphne is also the author of "The Dorm Room Diet" a book that I so wish I would have had when I was in college. Probably would have kept me out of the dining hall and in the gym more....
 If you know any recent high school grads or even college grads about to take on the independent life- this is a great book for them! 

Thanks to Daphne's love for social media- I am able to follow the latest "Chew" happenings on her Facebook & Twitter page. Recently she developed a "Silky Strawberry Bikini Body" Smoothie.
I'll take one! 
ingredients
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • ½  frozen banana
  • ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon Juice of ½ lime
  • 2 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1 sprigs mint (leaves only)
  • 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
  • 1 - 1 1/2 cup Pomegranate juice
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon Honey


To watch her make the smoothie & hear all about the health benefits of this powerhouse drink {and some sex talk...hmmm} click here
Once I noticed Psyllium Husk is in the smoothie- I knew I'd be whipping one up asap! Psyllium Husk is the ultimate ingredient to bounce back after a weekend of not so clean eating and to reduce bloat. 


How totally precious is this girl! Can't wait to meet her in July! 

chew on that
:) amc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch