Sunday, January 22, 2012

clean cooking

What have you cooked for me lately? ooooh oooooooh ooooh yeah! 
I had a long weekend and I feel like all I have done is cook, eat and run {all to the sounds of Ms Janet Jackson! hence my first sentence}. 


What have I cooked lately? Well, if you remember I am on this clean eating kick lifestyle, so my diet is basically tons of fresh produce and lots of protein. Like....


Protein Pancakes! Practically one each day- they are awesome after a great cardio session! 
{recipe from the Tone It Up girls}

Pan Roasted Grape Tomatoes make the perfect M4! {Fourth meal/afternoon snack} Little bit of evoo and a hot pan- don't be scared, they make strange noises when they roast, and it is okay if the skin pops or chars. That's when you know its going to be yummy! 


Quick & Easy Vegan Chili 
It's been a rainy weekend and chili is always hits the spot on those nights. This is also a Tone It Up recipe- but of course, I improvised a bit 

I love the colors! 
Onion, minced garlic, black beans, roasted red pepper, diced tomatoes, spinach and chili seasoning

I let all of the ingredients get friendly over medium low heat for about 20 minutes {err until I was absolutely starving and couldn't wait another second}. The colors were still beautiful but the chili was so dang hot, that it kept steaming up my super nice camera iphone camera. #picturefail 

Yummy #cleaneating chili! Served in a coffee mug is always the way to go
{why can't I stop talking in hashtags?! I am the new version of an annoying 13 year old w/ her LOL's and BFF's....augh}

Sorry for the long post, but I just finished up a yummy yummy homemade pizza- and I have to share! 

Tons of Toppings Veggie Pizza {clean eating style!}
I made my own dough, which was a huge undertaking since I have never ever baked something successfully! {except for those cookies stuffed w oreos...ooooh man....go away bad thoughts} Above is the cast of characters, the packet at the bottom is active dry yeast.

Making the dough....saying my prayers to the Baking Gods {jk}

There she is, a little ball of Hope {and dreams}

Now for 10 minutes of constant worries and wishing. 
"Please do whatever it is you are supposed to do. Please."

The easy part- toppings! I used roasted red peppers, red onions, mushrooms, baby tomatoes and artichoke hearts

No pictures because I was much too excited.... but the dough did whatever it was supposed to do! I spread it out on the pan, baked it for 15 minutes and then...

Topped it! 

Bake for 25ish minutes on 350 degrees then enjoy! 

Who needs Pizza Hut? Papa Who? :) 
Now- this #cleaneating pizza is great!!! I will totally make it again! But I have to say...I am missing my fatty delivery pizza from time to time. 


Let me know if you try out any of these recipes or have any Clean Eating suggestions! I have to tell you- I can totally see/feel a difference since starting this. 

Try it out! 

:) amc



1 comment:

  1. The pizza was delicious!!! Even with no meat or a ton of cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch