Monday, March 5, 2012

blended & roasted

Food is my favorite. They say looking great {and being healthy!} is 80% diet. I have fully taken on this idea, and lucky for you {uhh} I have chosen to document my every bite.

Every single day begins with a fresh smoothie. 
The contents are almost always different but follow the same basic formula. 
  • 1 liquid {carrot juice, water, coconut water, 100% fresh fruit juice, etc}
  • 1 leafy green {handful of baby spinach or leaves of 2 kale stalks}
  • 1/2 banana {fresh or frozen}
  • 1 berry {4 strawberries, handful of blueberries or handful of blackberries}
  • 1/2 cucumber {peeled and sliced, fresh or frozen}
  • Hefty pinch of Ground Flaxseed
  • Scoop of Brown Rice Protein Powder

Liquify & enjoy! 
A good tip is to keep snack baggies around and in the mornings when you use one half of the banana or cucumber- go ahead and prepare the second half, put it in a baggie and pop into the freezer for the next morning. 

Green drinks for a good morning

The Tone It Up way to start the day :) 

My favorite fish recipe-
Sliced Red Onion, Fresh Minced Garlic, EVOO, Fresh Lemon Juice, Mrs Dash Chipotle flavor
Bake for 20-ish minutes at 350
Perfect every time! 

We tried tofu!!!
And I love it! I have been cooking it in 1 inch triangle shapes in a sautee pan or wok. I love when it gets crispy on the outside. Tasty tasty! 
{takes very well to Sriracha, Worchestire, Soy Sauce, Teriyaki Sauce, Balsamic Vinegar}

Another go-to recipe is baked chicken and asparagus. EVOO, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, onion flakes, Mrs Dash

Roasted veggies {these are green beans} make a great afternoon snack. I prepare them at night by roasting at a high temp with EVOO and sea salt

Roasted Carrots

And the wonderful Kale chips! I haven't perfected the spice mixture yet...but they still taste good. Even Mason eats them! :) 


Happy #EatClean cooking! 
:) amc



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch