Monday, March 26, 2012

the parties begin

another installment of my instagram weekend. 


it was a busy one! goodwill hunting, yummy dinners, diy projects, engagement party, baby shower and more. 
{more pictures of the party and shower to come later}


The weekend started at There. A new "gastropub" in the super Hopes & Dreams land of Town Brookhaven. Each table had a lovely little sprig of rosemary and thyme that smelled divine. 

The menu is a short one but full of fresh, local ingredients and fun food pairings. Like the devil above: Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs with Duck Prosciutto and Pickled Shallots. 

I failed to take a picture of my dinner {thanks google images for this one} but I had the "There Burger" ...a classic burger made with.... grass-fed beef and homemade pickles. You are what you eat, if I am going to be a cow- I want to be an #EatClean cow. :) 


My wonderful friends Sara, Emily and Kim hosted Josh & I's first party as a couple! Our Engagement Party! We had such a blast and it was beyond amazing having all of our closest friends together for a night. The girls {and Mom!!!} did such an amazing job with the party- everything was so perfect and we enjoyed our time so so so so so very much. 

Mom's house was perfectly pinterested- bunting, food labels, tissue pom poms, tablescapes in our colors, scrumptious snacks and sweets and fabulous sangria! 

On our way to the party! 

Lovely AmericasMart besties! 
Sadly this is the only picture I took all night :( Luckily many "real cameras" were snapping throughout the party- so real pictures will surface soon. 

Sunday afternoon the Ya-Ya's {Mom's group of best friends} hosted a baby shower for the lovely Brooke. The newest {and first!} petite petite ya-ya in the group.  

Second generation Ya-Ya's 

Mom made lovely pink gluten-free cupcakes- amazing! 

The precious family and star of the shower: Miss Brooke Richards and her parents Eddie and Bria. Such a wonderful little family- I loved getting to spend time with them! 

This weekend was just so amazing. After looking at our calendar- it seems this is the type of life we will be leading this Spring and Summer. It is so wonderful seeing great friends and family and celebrating engagements, weddings, babies, etc. 

Grown up life is turning out to be quite fun and exciting! If only some of those boring responsibilities would go away....

:) amc


Will post pictures of the DIY-ing and Goodwill hunting later today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch