Tuesday, April 17, 2012

socca me up

Have you discovered the blog "The Kitchn" yet? Uhhh it's way awesome! Developed and managed by the wife of Apartment Therapy's Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan; it is a running list of all things cooking cool. 




Today The Kitchn led me to discover Socca Bread. 


Huh? 
"Socca is a traditional dish from Nice, France, and as with many traditional dishes, there are a dozen different ways you can make it. However you make it, the recipe itself is nearly universal. It is equal parts chickpea flour and water, mixed with a tablespoon or so of olive oil and a pinch of salt. You can also add minced herbs or a few pinches of spices to the batter for some extra pizzazz. Socca is pretty addictive all on its own. Serve it warm from the oven with some cheeses and cured olives as an easy appetizer. For something a little different, I also love to pile it with salad greens and cut it into wedges.Thinking beyond the dinner party, socca has a lot of potential for quick weeknight dinners. It would make an easy gluten-free pizza crust, but then it's also flexible enough to be wrapped up like a burrito. You could also use it like pita to fold around grilled meats and vegetables, or like naan to scoop up spicy curries." 
- "How to Make Socca: A Naturally Gluten-Free Chickpea Flatbread, The Kitchn"
Make it like this: 





:) hehe, since I have never made it before- I think it's best if you follow their own instructions here

I'm a topper, so my socca will get a heaping dose of:
Vegan Dips: Beetroot Sun Dip, Sweet Potato Hummus, Zucchini Almond Dip

Flatbread Toppings like Figs and Marscapone Cheese

Mini Pizzas with roasted veggies

Socca Socca Socca Time! 
:) amc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It makes me so happy to hear from readers!
Let me know if you have any questions- I will always do my best to respond
:) amch